Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Carson Game Review #2

Ittle Dew: http://store.steampowered.com/app/241320/
Wicked Rating : 6/10

Anyone who has ever spent 10 minutes on our Youtube or SWGblog knows that this author LOVES him some Zelda. Seriously, I love Link so much that I'm petitioning my wife to allow me to get the Triforce of Courage on my left hand and the Antiforce on my right. I have a replica plaster of the Hylian shield sitting in my office and want a battle ready replica of the Master Sword for christmas. Hell, I never play console games, yet I bought a WiiU because I'm exited for Hyrule Warriors and ZeldaU. I am always itching for a fresh Zelda experience.

This is why I was pleasantly surprised when I played Ittle Dew. Ittle Dew a 3-8 (depending on if you go achievement hunting) hour Zelda clone on Steam. The game features a short list of bonus items, hundreds of Zelda jokes, 4 dungeons and a running Navi joke.

The enemies are adorable, the main character is cute and funny and there's replay value for days. Each artifact combo has it's own shortcut through the main castle (seriously, any combination of 2 artifacts can beat the game). Top it all off with a hand drawn aesthetic and this game will seriously get you giggling on some of the stuff that happens in your favourite LoZ title.

So, what are the downsides? The game is short as hell (I beat it in like 4 hours and there's an achievement for beating it in 15 minutes). There really isn't a story, either. In fact, the game makes fun of the fact that the entire plot revolves around an entirely nonsensical Macguffin.


Either way, if you are looking forward to the hoard of Zelda coming out soon and just want something to hold you over until then I strongly believe Ittle Dew.

No comments:

Post a Comment