Friday, August 29, 2014

Carson Game Review #3

Fieldrunners : http://store.steampowered.com/app/209690/?snr=1_7_15__13
Wicked Review 2/10 stars

     So I got this game on a Humble Bundle for like 5 bucks and the package included 7 other games. I am still not sure if I got my money's worth. I loaded it up this evening, figuring it would be a decent tower defense game with generic towers and settings. Thankfully I was not disappointed.
     Fieldrunners is basically another reskin of those free tower defense games on Kongregate. Its not that I don't like the genre, I still find myself jumping back into Bloons TD every few months to see what they changed. I even find Desktop Defense mildly amusing from time to time but that's kind of the problem. Bloons TD and Desktop Defense are free games. Fieldrunners is not. 
     Fieldrunners costs 5 bucks. If this were a free flash game it probably would have ranked a 4 or 5. Its decent, its cute and its great for blowing an evening. I suppose it would have flown with me if it was a mobile title. I mean, not much in the app store isn't worth a buck or 2 and portability would be an asset. I can even appreciate the fact that a more efficient platform than flash will keep those crazy late game waves of a hundred enemies from slowing you down to 2 FPS.
      Unfortunately, Fieldrunners has none of those qualities. If you want to have a fun Fieldrunners experience do yourself a favor and find one of the hundred lookalikes on Armor Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment